PhD (with first employment)
- Di Wang, Provisioning and Harnessing Energy Storage in Datacenters, Summer 2014, (Microsoft Research, Redmond)
- Aayush Gupta, Fall 2012 (IBM Almaden)
- Byung Chul Tak, Systems Infrastructure for Supporting Utility Computing in Clouds, Spring 2012, (IBM TJ Watson)
- Sriram Govindan, Optimizing Power Delivery Cost in Datacenters, Summer 2011, (Microsoft)
- Niranjan Kumar Soundararajan, Summer 2010, (Intel Corp.)
- Shiva Chaitanya, Fall 2009, (Network Appliance, Inc.)
- Youngjae Kim, Design Challenges on Enterprise-scale Storage Systems Employing Hard Drives and NAND Flash based Solid-state Drives, Fall 2009, (Oak Ridge National Lab.)
- Angshuman Parashar, Redundancy and Parallelism Tradeoffs for Reliable, High-performance Architectures, Spring 2007, (Intel® Corporation)
- Partho Nath, Content Addressable Data Management, Spring 2007, (Cisco Systems, Inc)
- Jianyong Zhang, Self-tuning Storage Systems for Performance Virtualization, Spring 2006, (Google)
- Chun Liu, Exploiting Multi-threaded Application Characteristics to Optimize Power and Performance of Chip Multi-processors, Summer 2005, (AMD)
- Murali Vilayannur, Run-time Support for Effective Memory Management in Large-scale Applications, Summer 2005, (Argonne National Lab.)
- Sudhanva Gurumurthi, Power Management for Enterprise Storage Systems , Summer 2005, (Asst. Prof. of CS, Univ. of Virginia)
- Gokul B. Kandiraju, Towards Autonomic Memory Management, Spring 2004, (IBM T. J. Watson)
- Yanyong Zhang, Scheduling and Resource Management for Next Generation Clusters, Summer 2002, (Asst. Prof. of ECE Dept., Rutgers Univ.)
- Ning An, Accessing Spatial Data on Resource-rich and Resource-constrained Systems, Spring 2002, (Oracle Corp.)
- Shailabh Nagar, Communication and Scheduling for Clusters: A User-level Perspective, Summer 2001, (IBM T. J. Watson)
- Mau-Tsuen Yang, An Automatic Scheduler for Real-Time Vision Applications, Fall 2000, (Dong Hwa Univ., Taiwan)
- Aniruddha S. Vaidya, Router Design and Analysis for High Performance Interconnects, Fall 1999, (Intel® Corporation)
Postdoctoral Fellows (with first employment)
- Jeong Hwan Choi, Sept. 2007-Aug. 2008 (Post-Doctoral Researcher of CS, KAIST)
- Euiseong Seo, Sept. 2007-Jan. 2009, (Asst. Prof. of ECE, Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST))
M.S. (with first employment)
- Kanishk Jain, Fall 2008. (Cisco, Inc.)
- Arjun R. Nath, Fall 2008. (Intel Corp.)
- Dharani Sankar Vijayakumar, Fall 2008. (VMWare)
- Srinath Sridharan, Fall 2008. (Ph.D Course, U of Wisc Madison)
- Amitayu Das, 2007. (Cisco, Inc.)
- Nandagopal Kirubananthan, Memory Energy Characterization and Optimization for the SPEC2000 Benchmarks, 2001. (Motorola Corp.)
- Balaji Viswanathan, OS Paging Issues for DRAM Energy Management, 2001.
- Ajit Banerjee, Implementation and Evaluation of MPI over Myrinet, 1999. (Inktomi Corp.)
- Ajay Hampapur, Adaptive Subpaging Schemes, 1999. (Cisco Systems)
- Ji Jin, Techniques for Analyzing Range Queries on R-Trees, 1999. (Microstrategy Inc.)
- Rongqing Lu, Towards an Efficient Implementation of Parallel Spatial Joins Using R-Trees, 1999. (Inktomi Corp.)
- Nareshkumar Rajkumar, Design and Implementation of MPI for Myrinet on Windows NT, 1999. (Sybase Corp.)
- Rajagopal Subrahmaniam, Implementing Coscheduling Heuristics for Windows NT Clusters, 1999. (Unisys Corp.)
- Harsh Parandekar, Impact of Access Control Techniques and Subpaging Parameters on Application Performance, 1998. (Cisco Systems)
- Mangesh Kasbekar, pSNOW: A Tool to Evaluate Architectural Issues for NOW Environments, 1998. (Akamai)
- Dale Seed, MU-Net: Protected User-level Communication for Myrinet, 1997. (Intel Corporation)
- Manjunath Bangalore, Remote Subpaging Across a Fast Network, 1997. (Cisco Systems)
B.S. Honors Thesis
- Marc Khadpe, Simulation of Scheduling Strategies for a Network of Workstations, 1999.
- David J. Rudda, Impact of User-level Messaging Parameters on Application Performance, 1999.
- James I. Bognar, LIONGUIDE: A Road Map Application for Handheld and Mobile Devices, 2001.
- Alan R. Effrig, Application-level CPU Energy Management for Handheld Devices, 2001.
- Jason H. Ganetsky, Garbage Collection for Content-Addressable Parallel File Systems, 2006.
- Cheryl Jerozal, A Comparison of the Effect of Cache Size on Hit Ratio of Popular Cache Replacement Algorithms, 2006.
- Evan Driscoll, 2006.